Bradley Centre Residential Care
One of our guiding principles to the delivery of excellent care includes mutual respect and teamwork amongst staff, volunteers, residents and their families.
Together, we seek to enrich the lives of our residents by enabling them to:
- make choices that reflect personal values,
- participate in the life of the residence and the larger community
- share opportunities to enrich the lives of others.
Volunteers make a difference by assisting us with:
- Bus outings
- Games/exercise/music activities
- One-to-one visits
- Spiritual care visits
- Screening and placement includes application, interview, references and criminal record check.
- Placement is based on your skills, abilities, interests and availability. Only those considered for placement will be contacted for an interview.
- Proficiency in English required.
- Minimum Age: 16 years
- Minimum Commitment: 75 hours or six months. We do not have any short term opportunities available.
How do I apply?
The online application will require detailed information on your past work and volunteer experience, personal and business references and emergency contact information. It will take approximately 30 minutes to complete and you will be required to either attach or submit two letters of reference to complete your application. Once you enter your contact information into the system, an application will be submitted to Volunteer Resources at Bradley Centre Residential Care, even if you close your browser and leave the application before it is complete.
Step 1 – Apply – Apply directly online or download an application package. Complete the online application in full. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Attach two completed letters of reference as indicated in the application form. If you are unable to attach reference letters when you apply online, they can be mailed, delivered in person, or scanned and emailed to email@example.com
Step 2 – Interview – Your application will be reviewed. If your qualifications and skills match available positions, you will be contacted for an interview.
Step 3 – Screening – Once you have been interviewed, references will be confirmed and a criminal record search must be completed. If you have not submitted a Criminal Record Check with your application, we will provide you with instructions on how to apply online once your application has been received.
Step 4 – Orientation – Once the application process has been successfully completed, you will be scheduled to attend the next General Fraser Health Volunteer Orientation Session.
Step 5 – Placement – Following orientation, training shifts will be arranged for your specific volunteer position. Once training is complete, you are ready to begin in your regular volunteer shift.
Under 19 years old?
Please complete a VolunTEEN online application.