Delta Hospital serves a population of over 100,000 throughout North Delta, Ladner, and Tsawwassen. Delta Hospital is a primary care, Level II community hospital. In other words, it provides first point of contact services to the community that helps diagnose, treat, and prevent disease, illness, and injury. As well as a Rapid Access Clinic that provides some specialized care, it has 58 acute care beds; in addition, Delta Hospital’s Mountain View Manor has 92 beds as a residential care unit. The hospital employs over 580 people to provide quality healthcare to the community. Volunteers assist to enhance the overall patient experience through a variety of programs and services and are valued members of the health care team.
- Delta Hospital Auxiliary Society – Thrift Store, Gift Shop, Office Volunteers, Lifeline and other
- Acute Care Programs – Emergency Room Greeting, Information Desk, Patient Visitors
- Residential Care – Friendly visitors, gardening, supporting recreation therapy programs, music and more
An ideal volunteer candidate will possess the following traits:
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Outgoing and friendly
- Able to work independently and as a member of a team
- Committed to volunteering once a week for six months on a consistent day and time
- Preferred method: Interested applicants can apply online
- Select applicants will be contacted by the Manager or Coordinator of Volunteers Resources to discuss volunteering and the recruitment process
For more information on how to become a volunteer, please contact:
Phone: 604-952-7344 Local 787344
5800 Mountain View Blvd.
Delta, BC V4K 3V7