Eagle Ridge Hospital and Manor
Volunteers play an important role at Eagle Ridge Hospital and Manor – they provide a link to the community, offer customer service to our patients and families, and most importantly enhance patient care and the overall experience at Eagle Ridge Hospital.
Benefits of Volunteering
There are many benefits to volunteering at Eagle Ridge Hospital. They are enhanced personal growth, satisfaction of helping others, career exploration and ability to meet new people. You can also learn more about the health care system, share your talents, build new skills and help strengthen your community.
Please read the following information carefully to educate yourself on the process and requirements for volunteering with us.
Please be aware that our intake process takes 4-6 weeks from the time that we contact you. It is a multi-step process designed to ensure the safety of our patients and comfort of our volunteers.
- Step 1: Application – Apply online for the Adult or VolunTEEN Program
- Step 2: Interview – Those with appropriate skills and availability are selected for an interview
- Step 3: Screening - A criminal record check and references will be requested following your interview
- Step 4: Orientation - You will be invited to attend a mandatory hospital orientation
- Step 5: Placement - Training & placement will be provided following orientation
Adult Volunteer Opportunities – Over 19 years of age
Volunteer opportunities are available in both acute and residential care at Eagle Ridge Hospital. We accept online applications for the adult volunteer program during the months of January, May and October. If you are inquiring outside of these months please mark your calendar and re-visit to apply. We are interested in your application.
Volunteers must meet the following requirements to be a successful candidate:
- Completion of the full application and orientation process
- Satisfactory criminal record check and references
- Annual flu vaccine
- Minimum commitment of 6 months – Vacations can be accommodated
- Ability to attend a regularly scheduled 2-4 hour shift once a week
- Proficient in English
- Ability to work independently or as a member of a team
- Ability to support patients, families and staff in a friendly helpful manner
- Ability to maintain patient confidentiality
Volunteer positions include: Guest services (information desk), patient visits, rehabilitation support, recreation support, and mealtime companion. A list of interests will be offered at the beginning of the online application process. It is very important to select areas of interest and include your availability in your application. Placement depends on individual skill, availability, experience and the current needs of our patients.
Please be aware that the application will take a minimum of 30 minutes to complete and will require you to have examples of your work and volunteer experience, emergency contact information, references, shift availability etc. Incomplete applications cannot be processed.
A link for our online application will be made available in the months of January, May and October. Please re-visit our site to apply during one of these months. We look forward to receiving your application.
Teen Volunteer Opportunities – 16 to 18 years of age
Teen Volunteer Opportunities are available in both Acute and Residential Care at Eagle Ridge Hospital. We accept online applications for the teen program during the months of March and August. During these months you will find the application link located at the bottom of this section. If you are inquiring outside of these imonths please mark your calendar and re-visit to apply. We are interested in your application.
VolunTEENs must meet the following requirements to be a successful candidate:
- Be willing to complete the full application process including references
- Living in or attending school in the Tri-Cities
- Parental consent
- Annual flu vaccine
- Minimum commitment of 6 months
- Ability to attend a regularly scheduled 2-3 hour shift once a week
- Proficient in English
- Prior work or volunteer experience
Teen Volunteer Positions include: Activities with residents, supporting patients, providing reading materials, supporting staff and other related duties.
Please be aware that the application will take a minimum of 30 minutes to complete and will require you to have examples of your work and volunteer experience, emergency contact information, references and shift availability. Incomplete applications cannot be processed.
A link for our online application for the Teen volunteer Program will be made available in the months of March and August only. Please do not use the adult application link to apply outside March and August.