Home Health dietitians in our Community Nutrition Program provide at-home nutrition counselling and education to people who are not mobile enough to reach a clinic.
How can a Home Health dietitian help?
Home health dietitians can help you manage a number of health issues including:
- Swallowing disorders
- Tube feedings
- Gastro-intestinal diseases
- Chronic health conditions such as cancer, kidney disease
- Palliative care
What services are offered?
We work closely with other members of the Home Health team to help you remain home independently by:
- Assessing your nutrition status and creating a nutrition care plan
- Helping you plan your meals
- Helping you manage specific needs such as swallowing problems or medical conditions
- Providing education and monitoring of home nutrition support (i.e. tube feeding)
- Providing counselling and education at home or by phone
Am I eligible?
Is there a cost?
Some services are provided free of charge while others include a cost based on your after tax income. Learn more about costs of Home Health services.
How can I access Community Nutrition services?
Your Home Health care provider may recommend programs to you or you can access this service directly. Learn more about accessing this service.