Rapid Access Clinic
What services do we provide?
The Rapid Access Clinic provides quick access to an appointment with a psychiatrist and nurse from your community Mental Health and Substance Use Centre. The psychiatrist will provide your family doctor or nurse practitioner with recommendations for your treatment, medications and/or your diagnoses.
Who can access these services?
- Individuals who have mild to moderate mental health conditions (e.g. depression or anxiety)
- Aged 19 years or older
- No previous appointments with the Rapid Access Clinic or other psychiatrist (e.g. hospital or community) in the past six months
How do I access these services?
Contact your family doctor or nurse practitioner so they can determine if this is the right service for you.
What can I expect from the Rapid Access Psychiatry Clinic?
- Usually an appointment will be scheduled with a psychiatrist within 2-5 weeks from the time your referral is received.
- You can expect to be contacted by the clinic nurse to discuss your referral and appointment with the psychiatrist.
- Following your appointment with the clinic, your family doctor or nurse practitioner will receive a report from the psychiatrist describing diagnosis and recommendations for your treatment. Your family doctor or nurse practitioner will then continue to work with you on your treatment.
Where are these services offered?
Rapid Access Clinic services are provided through Mental Health and Substance Use Centres in the following communities:
- New Westminster
- North and South Delta
- White Rock/South Surrey