Abbotsford Regional Hospital and Cancer Centre
32900 Marshall Road, Abbotsford B.C. | 604.851.4700
Abbotsford Regional Hospital and Cancer Centre (ARHCC) is a 295-bed health care facility that houses the acute care Abbotsford Regional Hospital operated by Fraser Health and the regional cancer facility (Abbotsford Centre) operated by the BC Cancer Agency.
As a regional hospital in Fraser Health's integrated network of care, Abbotsford Regional Hospital provides primary, secondary, and some tertiary services, including 24/7 emergency (including two critical care trauma bays and a helipad for emergency transport of critical patients), levels one and two obstetrics and level two neonatal intensive care, adult psychiatry inpatient units, surgical specialties (e.g., thoracic, orthopedic). nuclear medicine, a sleep lab and ambulatory care. Abbotsford Regional Hospital also offers a range of inpatient services supported by community services (e.g., home health, public health, community mental health, etc.).
Abbotsford Regional Hospital and Cancer Centre opened in 2008 as:
- the first new hospital built in the province in 30 years
- the first hospital in Western Canada to have a cancer centre integrated in its design from the ground up
- Canada's first newly constructed hospital to meet LEED Gold environmentally friendly standards
- the largest construction project to date in the Fraser Valley
- the first in the province to be built using a (P3) public-private partnership model
Fraser Health's Abbotsford Regional Hospital provides community hospital services to Abbotsford residents and regional services to about 330,000 residents of the eastern Fraser Valley.
These services include:
- 24/7 Emergency
- Medical imaging, including MRI, CT scanning
- Cardiac services
- Maternity care, including a neonatal intensive care unit
- Pediatric care
In 2013/14, Abbotsford Regional Hospital saw 44,424 emergency room visits, provided care to 19,170 inpatient and 12,806 surgical daycare cases, delivered 2,619 newborns, and had 217,049 visits to ambulatory care.
Total Area metres2: 80,154