Testing is available to those that meet the eligibility criteria.
Testing is recommended for people who have symptoms associated with COVID-19 infection and meet one of the following criteria:
- People for whom testing is clinically indicated (people who are pregnant, hospitalized or moderately to severely immunocompromised).
- People with conditions that put them at high risk.
- People 70 years of age or older who are fully vaccinated, with three or more chronic conditions that increase the risk of severe illness or hospitalization.
- People 50 years of age and older who are unvaccinated or partially vaccinated and who have three or more chronic conditions that increase the risk of severe illness or hospitalization; or people 50-69 years of age who have not yet received their booster dose and have three or more chronic conditions that increase the risk of severe illness or hospitalization; or people age 70 years and older who have not yet received their booster dose and have one or more chronic conditions that increase the risk of severe illness or hospitalization.
- Individuals who self-identify as Indigenous.
- Individuals who live or work in high-risk settings.
Learn more about when to get a COVID-19 test on the BCCDC's webpage.
Learn what to do if you are not eligible to book a COVID-19 test.
Eligible for a COVID-19 Test?
Book a COVID-19 test appointment now.
Where possible, please use the online booking system. A central intake number is available at 604-587-3936, seven days a week, from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm to assist people in completing their COVID-19 test booking form or to set up an appointment as well.
If you do not see any appointments on our online booking form, please check back later. New appointment times are added to our online booking form daily.
Please avoid going to the emergency department for COVID-19 testing. If you are concerned that you are having a medical emergency, such as severe shortness of breath or chest pain, call 9-1-1 or go to your nearest emergency department.
You do not need a doctor's referral in order to receive a test.