Normanna is a two-storey residence with elevator access to upper floors.
A large lounge/activity area leads to the common dining room and access to the outdoors from the main floor. Normanna has five pods, each with TV lounges, serveries and dining areas. All rooms are wheelchair accessible and have private washrooms. Four pods have access to a garden courtyard. There is a secure unit and a special care unit for dementia care on the second floor. Our garden courtyard with a secured walking path enables leisurely walks or just sitting outside to relax.
- 100 beds; 78 publicly subsidized residential care beds; 22-bed special care unit. Couples can be accommodated.
- Rooms include a bed, night table, desk, and chair. Additional furniture and personal items are encouraged, although may be limited due to the size of the room.
- Residents may also bring an occasional table, favourite chair, TV/radio. There is a hook-up for cablevision in each room and the charge is added to each month’s rent. Family members are encouraged to decorate the room in a “homelike” manner with pictures, etc. Residents and/or the responsible person are accountable for personal equipment such as wheelchair/walker, supplying all toiletries, electric razors, dentures and eyeglasses.
- Recreation and activity programming include community outings, fitness, current events, crafts, music, cultural and spiritual events.
- We can accommodate motorized scooters on a case by case basis. The building is wheelchair accessible, and is elevator-equipped for access to the other areas.
- We have pet visitation program; we cannot accommodate residents’ pets at this time.
- Residents are asked to smoke outside the building in designated areas.
- Burnaby and Deer Lake parks, the Burnaby Heritage Museum and City Hall are nearby.
- Visiting physiotherapist, podiatrist and dentist. Special care unit on same site.
Parking and Transportation
Public transit nearby.
Clients must meet Home and Community Care requirements and criteria for admission. A health care needs assessment will be completed to confirm eligibility. See website for more information.
Referral by case manager at a Home and Community Care office is required. To access service call the Home Health Service Line for more information; do not contact the care home directly.
There is a monthly accommodation fee; additional fees may apply for incidental services.