The Cascades is a two-storey building with an attached four-storey tower. An outdoor courtyard provides enjoyment for our residents.
The Cascades strives to consistently provide the highest standard of accommodation, care and services to its clients. Persons in care, assisted living residents, hospice residents and their families are treated with respect, dignity and compassion.
- Lounges provide comfortable spaces for visits with friends and family. Resident rooms are equipped with ceiling lifts for resident/staff safety and comfort.
- 110 total beds (71 publicly subsidized residential care beds, 10 veteran beds, 10 hospice beds and 4 respite beds)
- Rooms include bed, dresser, lamp, towels and linens.
- Residents may also bring a radio, TV, personal chair, pictures and plants.
- Recreation and activity programming; own bus for outings/events. Daily recreation programs and music therapy.
- There is parking and electrical outlets for wheelchairs and scooters.
- The Cascades has a visiting pet policy.
- Non-smoking residence. The hospice residence features an internal smoking room.
- Podiatry services, on-site beauty salon. Access to on-site dietician. Assisted living units and a hospice on same site.
Parking and Transportation
Lighted underground and street parking. Nearby to public transportation.
Clients must meet Home and Community Care requirements and criteria for admission. A health care needs assessment will be completed to confirm eligibility. See website for more information.
Referral by case manager at a Home and Community Care office is required. To access service call the Home Health Service Line for more information; do not contact the care home directly.
There is a monthly accommodation fee; additional fees may apply for incidental services.