Fleetwood Place is a two-storey residential care facility with four self-contained care centres, including one special care unit.
Each care centres has its own nursing station, dispensary, dining room, servery, lounges, tub room and service areas. Central courtyard is accessible by all rooms on the main floor. Wide corridors form continuous walking loops. Owned and operated by the Ahmon Family Group.
- 108 beds (95 publicly subsidized residential care beds)
- Rooms include a bed, dresser, bedside table, small arm chair, linens; these items must remain in the room.
- Residents may also bring radio, TV, personal chair, pictures and plants. Additional furniture items must not compromise safety for the resident or staff. Halogen lamps and rocking chairs are not permitted.
- Recreation and activity programs are provided six days a week; shared 18-seat wheelchair accessible bus is used for outings. In-house newsletter announces visiting entertainers, Bingo nights, pub days, bus trips. Music and art therapy is available through the recreational department.
- The building is wheelchair accessible as are all resident washrooms. Scooters are permitted for outdoor use only and can be parked in an easily accessible covered area in the courtyard.
- We have a resident cat, “Jinx”. We also have a pet visitation program and many family pets are brought in for regular visits. We cannot accommodate residents’ personal pets.
- We provide a sheltered outdoor smoking area located in the secure inner courtyard. There are no provisions for indoor smoking.
- On-site hair salon is open three days a week. Foot care nurses visit every five to six weeks. Visiting dentist. On-site Tuck Shop. Community appointments are the responsibility of the family to facilitate. Well lighted parking is located at the rear of the building; street parking is readily available. Special care unit on same site.
Clients must meet Home and Community Care requirements and criteria for admission. A health care needs assessment will be completed to confirm eligibility. See website for more information.
Referral by case manager at a Home and Community Care office is required. To access service call the Home Health Service Line for more information; do not contact the care home directly.
There is a monthly accommodation fee; additional fees may apply for incidental services.