Morgan Place is a two-storey building with a secure inner courtyard. The courtyard is accessible through several doors on the lower floor.
Morgan Place provides 24-hour professional nursing services to people who are no longer able to stay at home safely. There are six residential units each having its own lounge/activity area and dining room. One smaller unit is designed as our secure suite for residents at risk for elopement.
- 148 beds (128 publicly subsidized residential care beds, 20 convalescent care beds)
- Rooms include a bed, dresser, night table, chair, lamp, towels and bed linens.
- Residents may also bring a radio, TV, telephone, personal chair, pictures, plants and personal furniture that can be safely placed in the room.
- Residents participate in strengthening and mobility programs under the supervision of our physiotherapist and rehabilitation aide. Morgan Place offers a wide range of social and recreational activities including fitness, games, bingo, book club, music appreciation, arts and crafts, inter-generational programs, musical entertainment, pub day, special events and organized outings using our own bus.
- Electric scooters and wheelchairs are permitted in the building subject to compliance with the safety rules outlined in our policy. Special battery recharging outlets are available in the courtyard for scooters. Elevator equipped for access to the upper floors.
- We have a rabbit named “Salt”, two cockatiels, four lovebirds, two budgies, two finches, two fish tanks (many fish) and a courtyard pond with goldfish. We have regular visits from the Pets and Friends volunteers. Family pets are welcome to visit their own loved one. Dogs must be on a leash and under control.
- Morgan Place is a smoke-free building. There is a designated covered smoking area located in the courtyard.
- Morgan Creek Golf Course is next door. A shopping mall, restaurants, coffee shops, specialist shops and large retailers are a five minute drive away. The nearest bus stop is a short walk away.
- Foot care nurses visit every six weeks an optometrist visits annually and a dentist provides on-site services. We have a small Tuck Shop managed by volunteers, a beauty salon open four days a week, and a sunroom on the main concourse to sit and read the paper or visit with a friend. A family room can be reserved for small gatherings and a larger community suite can be rented for larger events or celebrations.
Clients must meet Home and Community Care requirements and criteria for admission. A health care needs assessment will be completed to confirm eligibility. See website for more information.
Referral by case manager at a Home and Community Care office is required. To access service call the Home Health Service Line for more information; do not contact the care home directly.
There is a monthly accommodation fee; additional fees may apply for incidental services.