Saint Michael’s Care Centre is a two-storey, three unit residence for adults with complex health care needs. We have several garden areas around the building.
St. Micheal's provides 24-hour professional nursing services to people who are no longer able to stay at home safely. We offer care to adults with complex health care needs.
- 144 beds (122 publicly subsidized, 6 veteran beds, 16 hospice beds).
- Rooms include adjustable hospital bed, built-in bedside table and closet and built-in over-bed lamp. All linens and towels are provided and laundered.
- Residents may bring one movable piece of furniture (personal chair or television) as well as decorative items to make your room a home.
- On-site resident library and hair stylist. Burnaby Public Library's Mobile Library Service visits monthly.
- Podiatry, dentistry and eye exam services available.
- Wide-range of therapeutic, recreation and activity programming. There is a bus for resident outings.
- No personal pets but there are two in-house cats, several birds and fish that are cared for by the residents and staff. There is also a volunteer-based pet visitation program.
- Non-smoking building
- St. Michael's is adjacent to the David Gray Municipal Park. The centre is located on a public transit route with a bus stop directly in front of the building.
- Family members may purchase a lunch or dinner meal ticket at a nominal cost to join their loved one for a meal.
Parking and Transportation
Limited onsite parking and street parking is available. Nearby to public transit.
Clients must meet Home and Community Care requirements and criteria for admission. A health care needs assessment will be completed to confirm eligibility. See website for more information.
Referral by case manager at a Home and Community Care office is required. To access service call the Home Health Service Line for more information; do not contact the care home directly.
There is a monthly accommodation fee; additional fees may apply for incidental services.