Willingdon Care Centre is a one-storey building with four separate wings. Owned
Provides 24-hour professional nursing services to people who are no longer able to stay at home safely.
- 95 publicly subsidized residential care beds
- Rooms include a bed, light stand, built-in closet, towels and linens
- Residents may also bring a radio, TV, personal furniture as space allows, pictures and plants.
- The recreation department offers programming seven days a week including (but not limited to):
- personal interest activities
- music therapy
- special events
- community group programs
- cultural activities
- exercise, walking, crafts, games, pub night, bowling, worship services, sports, bingo, social events and outings.
- Cannot accommodate motorized scooters.
- Pets are welcome
- No smoking in the building. Designated smoking area outside.
- Podiatry services, foot-care nurse, massage therapy music therapy, occupational therapy, dental and denturist service available.
Parking and Transportation
Visitor parking is available in the front of the building. Nearby to public transportation.
Clients must meet Home and Community Care requirements and criteria for admission. A health care needs assessment will be completed to confirm eligibility. See website for more information.
Referral by case manager at a Home and Community Care office is required. To access service call the Home Health Service Line for more information; do not contact the care home directly.
There is a monthly accommodation fee; additional fees may apply for incidental services.