Tabor Home is a single-storey building offering residential care beds.
Tabor Home provides 24-hour professional nursing services to people who are no longer able to stay at home safely. Our 20-bed special care unit can accommodate residents requiring dementia care.
- 118 publicly subsidized beds including 20 special care beds
- Rooms include bed, locked bedside table, towels and linens
- Residents may also bring a "high boy" dresser, radio, TV, personal chair, pictures and plants
- Multi-dimensional recreation and activity programming includes bus outings
- On-site physiotherapy and "Moving for Life" program
- Wheelchair accessible. No motorized scooters.
- There is a resident cat "Blackie" and a pet therapy program.
- Smoking is not permitted inside the building. A designated outdoor area is available for those residents who choose to smoke.
- Nearby to banks and grocery stores.
- Volunteer program, visiting podiatry and dental hygiene services. On-site hairdressing service and tuck shop.
- Shares a camps with an independent living apartment complex and assisted living residences.
Parking and Transportation
Nearby to public transportation.
Clients must meet Home and Community Care requirements and criteria for admission. A health care needs assessment will be completed to confirm eligibility. See website for more information.
Referral by case manager at a Home and Community Care office is required. To access service call the Home Health Service Line for more information; do not contact the care home directly.
There is a monthly accommodation fee; additional fees may apply for incidental services.