Jackman Manor is a single-storey residential care facility with four patios.
Jackman Manor strives to enrich the lives of our elders and to provide care and services to seniors in a home-like, residential environment.
- 88 beds (64 publicly subsidized, 23-bed special care unit).
- All rooms are private with ensuite and include bed, dresser, bedside table and chair. Residents are welcome to bring in their own dresser and favourite chair. Consideration must be given to the size of the room and amount of equipment the resident will use (e.g., walker/wheelchair). All towels, linens and comforters are provided.
- Residents may also bring pictures for the walls, plants and non-precious items. Residents are welcome to bring in their own comforter if family agrees to clean it when necessary.
- Our recreation and activity programs are varied and designed to meet the needs of everyone, including residents in the special care unit.
- Cannot accommodate motorized scooters
- Pet therapy program. Family pets are welcomed with proof of immunization. All pets must be kept on leash and owners are responsible for clean-up.
- Smoking is not permitted.
- Other amenities include: routine podiatry service, music therapy and physiotherapy; on-site beauty shop is accessible twice a week. A dentist is available on an emergency basis; annual check-ups are accommodated as requested by the resident or family. Special care unit on same site.
Parking and Transportation
Access to public transportation nearby.
Clients must meet Home and Community Care requirements and criteria for admission. A health care needs assessment will be completed to confirm eligibility. See website for more information.
Referral by case manager at a Home and Community Care office is required. To access service call the Home Health Service Line for more information; do not contact the care home directly.
There is a monthly accommodation fee; additional fees may apply for incidental services.