The Madison is a three-storey residential care facility with two neighbourhoods on each floor.
The Madison provides 24-hour professional nursing services to people who are no longer able to stay at home safely.
- 137 residential care beds (96 publicly subsidized)
- Rooms are equipped with separate heating units, air conditioning, cable and phone lines capabilities.
- Basics include an electric bed, a small three-drawer dresser, a wardrobe and all required linens.
- Residents may bring a small TV and a small personal chair from home.
- Neighbourhoods have their own nurse's station, dining room, large TV, lounge space and tub/shower room.
- A variety of recreational activities (exercise, bingo, crafts, snoezelen therapy, etc.) is offered.
- Wheelchair parking available.
- Visiting pets welcome. Pet therapy program.
- Non-smoking indoors and out.
- Located within walking distance of Como Lake and a convenience store.
Clients must meet Home and Community Care requirements and criteria for admission. A health care needs assessment will be completed to confirm eligibility. See website for more information.
Referral by case manager at a Home and Community Care office is required. To access service call the Home Health Service Line for more information; do not contact the care home directly.
There is a monthly accommodation fee; additional fees may apply for incidental services.