Peace Arch Hospital and Auxiliary Society
- Residential care programs
- Acute care programs
- Peace Arch Hospital Auxiliary Society
- Pet therapy program: Watch a showcase video on our pet therapy program.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Peace Arch Hospital. We make every effort to match you with the volunteer opportunity that meets your interests and abilities. Volunteer opportunities that we are currently recruiting for are highlighted in the general interests section of the online application form.
Our online volunteer application form is currently available until March 15, at which time we will review the applications we have received and contact select applicants for interviews. You will only be contacted if selected for an interview.
Successful applicants must be available for interviews between March 19 and April 6 and for general onsite orientation between April 26 and April 28.
If you are not available for these dates we would invite you to apply for our next recruitment that will begin on May 15 – June 15, 2018.
Volunteer applicants must be willing to get an annual flu vaccination and be able to commit to volunteering on a weekly, consistent basis for six months or more.
We are looking for volunteer applicants who have:
- Customer service experience
- Previous volunteer experience
- A variety of scheduling options throughout the week for possible placement
- Volunteered or worked in a health care setting
- A proven ability to communicate well and work within a diverse population
- Willingness to learn to provide support and/or guidance to patients and hospital visitors
- Apply online. Applicants 18+ only
- Select applicants will be contacted by the manager or coordinator of Volunteer Resources for an interview.
- Successful applicants will be required to provide two references and a current criminal records check. Documentation for these purposes will be provided at the time of interview. These do not need to be submitted with your volunteer application.
- Before you get started on your online application please be advised this application will require detailed information on your past work and volunteer experience, personal and business references, and emergency contact information.
- It will take approximately 30 minutes to complete and you will be required to hand in references after your application is complete.
- Once you have entered your contact information into the system, an application will be submitted to Volunteer Resources at Peace Arch Hospital even if you close your browser and leave the application before it is complete. Please return to your application within one week if you do not complete it in the first sitting as incomplete applications will be removed from the system after seven days.
Peace Arch Hospital has a robust high school volunteer program. We recruit new volunteers on an as needed basis according to patient, resident and staff needs. Currently our application is open to individuals 18+.
Peach Arch Hospital Auxiliary Society
The Peace Arch Hospital Auxiliary Society has been in existence since 1948 with a rich history of “Having fun, raising funds”. Currently eight different groups hold meetings on a regular basis to plan and coordinate a wide variety of fundraising activities that raise money toward the care and comfort of the patients, residents and clients at Peace Arch Hospital.
The Peace Arch Hospital Auxiliary Society recently made our largest single donation in our history of 1.5 million dollars to the Emergency Department Expansion. We are very proud to be the major donor for this campaign. Over the past 69 years the Auxiliary has purchased over 13 million dollars of equipment for Peace Arch Hospital.
Currently over 225 Auxiliary members are volunteering in the Superfluity Thrift Shop, the Gift Shop located in the hospital and in various groups that raise funds through Lobby Sales, Golf Tournaments, Bridge Luncheons, Fashion shows, Wine Tastings and Music Concerts.
If you are interested in becoming a member of the Peace Arch Hospital Auxiliary Society and volunteering, please download a membership application here and return it to the main information desk at Peace Arch Hospital.
For more information on how you can become a volunteer, please contact:
Peace Arch Hospital
15521 Russell Avenue
White Rock, BC V4B 2R4
For volunteer opportunities at White Rock/South Surrey Hospice, call 604-531-7484.
For volunteer opportunities at the Vine Youth Clinic and Spiritual Care, call 604-535-4500 ext 757504.