Learn about two new folders that will be added to Meditech Enterprise Medical Record (EMR).
- Two new folders will be added in Meditech Enterprise Medical Record (EMR): “Physician Orders Med Reconciliation” and “Physician Orders MedRec Discharge Rx”.
- All in-patient MedRec Order Forms will be archived under “Physician Orders Med Reconciliation” and all Discharge MedRec Prescriptions will be archived under “Physician Orders MedRec Discharge Rx”.
- See page 2 for an itemized list of impacted MedRec forms.
Why is this important?
- This enables all staff to be able to retrieve an in-patient’s MedRec Order Forms and Discharge MedRec Prescriptions from previous admissions quickly without the need to sort through the entire “Physician Orders” folder.
- In addition, by archiving Discharge MedRec Prescriptions in a unique EMR folder, this enables Discharge MedRec Prescriptions to be viewed externally by clinicians via the Unified Clinical Information (UCI) network.
When will this happen?
These changes will take effect on Wednesday, October 31, 2018.
What are the impacted MedRec forms?
How will this impact students and faculty instructors?
Students and faculty instructors who are completing student placements in Fraser Health must be aware of these changes. Students and faculty instructors must also consult their clinical areas to determine what other procedures should be followed to ensure that patients, clients, and residents continue to receive safe and quality care.
Please contact the Student Practice Team.