The provincial Hand Hygiene module was previously excluded from the provincial Student Practice Education Core Orientation (SPECO).
What do I need to know?
The Health Authority Practice Education Committee recognizes the importance of this information and has re-inserted the module into the curriculum.
What do I need to do?
Current students who have previously completed SPECO:
Are required to complete the Hand Hygiene module prior to their next clinical placement.
Will not need to re-do the entire SPECO curriculum.
Are in their final practicum placement will not be required to complete Hand Hygiene module.
Note: SPECO will appear incomplete until the Hand Hygiene module has been finished.
All new students must complete SPECO in its entirety.
Any questions please contact the Health Authority representative (listed below) where students will be completing
student practice education experiences.
The Health Authority Practice Education Committee:
- First Nations Health Authority, Professional Practice leader for Nursing, Erin.Wiltse@fnha.ca
- Fraser Health, Clinical Practice Consultant, Emma.Vanier@fraserhealth.ca
- Interior Health, Regional Practice Leader, Tricia.Mcbain@interiorhealth.ca
- Island Health, Student Practice Co-Leads, Anneke.Vink@viha.ca; Sandra.Judge@viha.ca
- Northern Health, Coordinator, Clinical placements, Krista.Cunningham@northernhealth.ca
- Providence Health Care, Practice Consultant, SCharlton@providencehealth.bc.ca
- Provincial Health Services Authority, Coordinator, Academic Development, email@example.com
- Vancouver Coastal Health, Bower, Clinical Education Lead, Lisa Bower; Lisa.Bower@vch.ca