The FOODSAFE program is a comprehensive food safety training program designed for the food service industry. The program has two courses, Level 1 and Level 2, which are offered through Fraser Health.
Certificates for FOODSAFE courses taught in Fraser Health are processed centrally through our TriCities Health Protection office.
Need a replacement FOODSAFE certificate?
If you need a replacement FOODSAFE certificate, call your local health protection office.
New expiry dates for FOODSAFE level 1 certificate
Research shows that 95% of people who took FOODSAFE Level 1 five years ago or earlier would not pass the exam if they wrote it today!
- Starting July 29, 2013, all FOODSAFE Level 1 certificates issued in BC will expire after 5 years.
- Existing FOODSAFE Level 1 certificates will be valid until July 29, 2018.
Summary of these changes
FOODSAFE Level 1
FOODSAFE Level 1 is a training program designed for individuals working in the food service industry. The course includes the following components:
- Foodservice illness and injury
- Receiving and storing food
- Preparing food
- Serving food
FOODSAFE Level 2
FOODSAFE Level 2 is designed for foodservice owners, managers, kitchen managers, executive chefs, and others who are responsible for managing for food safety in foodservice establishments. The course includes the following components:
- Review of FOODSAFE Level 1
- Managing for food safety
- Writing a food safety plan
- Level 1 course: $70 per person | Group rate $850 + GST
- Level 2 course: $100 per person | Group rate $1,100 + GST
- Registration of a FOODSAFE certificate from a non-Fraser Health course: $10
- Issue replacement FOODSAFE certificate: $15
- Issue Online Refresher certificate: $10
- Process Level 1 Instructor Application: $50
- Process Level 2 Instructor Application: $50 (as of April 1, 2014)
- Renew Instructor Certificate: $10
Where can I take a course?
View the course schedule to find upcoming food safety courses.