Reporting Immunizations


Why should I report my child's immunizations?

It’s important for public health to have an up-to-date record of your child’s immunizations so we can:

  • Respond effectively to disease outbreaks in childcare facilities and schools
  • Recommend immunizations your child may be missing
  • Provide the best care for your child through our public health programs

What happens if my child does not get all the routine vaccines or does not have a record?

If someone at school has a vaccine preventable disease, children who are unprotected or who don’t have a record may be asked to stay home until it is safe to return, possibly missing school activities and days or even weeks of school.

Why don’t you have the immunization information for my child?

If your child was immunized by a Fraser Health doctor, pharmacist or public health nurse in our region, then our public health units should have an immunization record for your child.

If your child was immunized by a health care provider outside of the Fraser Health region,(Richmond, Vancouver or out-of-province), or you have just moved to the area, we may not have a record because they are not automatically provided to public health.

When should I report a child’s immunization record?

  1. Every time your child receives an immunization from a health care provider other than a Fraser Health public health nurse or doctor or pharmacist in the Fraser Health region.
  2. Before your child starts kindergarten, if you have not submitted their record

You do not need to report immunizations that are provided to your child at a Fraser Health public health unit or at school by a public health nurse because those immunizations are recorded into Fraser Health’s system.

How do I report my child’s immunization record?

There are four ways to report your child’s immunization record.

  1. In person: Drop off a photocopy of your child’s immunization record to your public health unit.
  2. Call us: Report immunizations over the phone to your public health unit.
    • If you are directed to voice mail, leave the best number to be reached during the day and we’ll return your call as soon as we can.
  3. Fax or mail: Send a copy of your child’s immunization record by fax or mail to your public health unit.
  4. By email: Scan, take a photo or type your child’s record and email to: 

If you are unsure if your child’s immunizations are up to date, please review with your family doctor or call your local public health unit.

Can I get a printed copy of my child’s record after reporting?

Yes, call your local public health unit and they will provide you with a copy.

Please note: If a minor provided consent for immunization, only that minor can request a copy of their immunization record.

Getting your immunization records takes a few steps but it is a worthwhile process. 

Always keep a current immunization record for your child in a safe place.

You may be asked for your child's record during their life. You may need the record if you register your child for daycare, school summer camp, college or university and for some travel.


I Need To...