The Embrace Clinic
As part of the Fraser Health Forensic Nursing Service, the Embrace Clinic provides short-term medical care to survivors of recent violence. The Embrace Clinic provides confidential medical care with your safety and privacy in mind.
The Embrace Clinic provides:
- Follow-up medical care to anyone seen by the Forensic Nursing Service or other emergency assault teams
- Health care to people who have experienced violence within seven days that have not seen a health care provider and do not need emergency medical care
- Medical follow-up for people who have experienced violence in the past three months
- Care, assessment and follow-up of injuries
- Screening for sexually transmitted infections, pregnancy, infectious diseases (HIV, Hep C (HCV)), and other conditions
- Referrals to specialists when necessary or appropriate
Self-referrals are welcome
For self-referrals, call 1-855-775-7223 to talk with a nurse practitioner or to book a confidential appointment. Appointments can also be arranged by emailing email@example.com.
Referrals from organizations or other health care providers
For referrals from other organizations or health care providers, please complete and submit the Embrace Clinic Community Referral form. Referrals must have patient consent completed.
The Embrace Clinic cannot prescribe narcotic or benzodiazepine medications.