Community Respiratory Services
Community Respiratory Services provides at-home chronic disease management, education and support for people living with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD).
We work with you and your doctor to help you achieve your best respiratory health.
What services do you provide?
Respiratory therapists with special training (Certified COPD or Respiratory Educators) provide you and your family with education and knowledge to help manage your respiratory health at home.
Therapists assess oxygen levels, provide breathing/blowing tests and discuss your current medications and health status.
Therapist also provide you with strategies to:
- Quit smoking
- Optimize the use of medications and other therapies to reduce your symptoms
- Exercise and improve exercise performance, including referring you to a respiratory rehabilitation program
- Recognize COPD flare-ups and initiate a self management COPD flare up action plan
- Determine when to seek medical attention
- Find information and resources to benefit your health
- Improve your quality of life
Am I eligible?
You must be diagnosed by a physician with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease and be willing to actively participate in the program.
How do I access this service?
You can be referred by a physician, a nurse practitioner or any other health professional.
Visit our Home Oxygen Program or view the information brochures: