Connecting and supporting Aboriginal peoples with mental health and wellness services.
Aboriginal mental health case manager and Aboriginal mental health liaison services
Our Aboriginal mental health case manager and Aboriginal mental health liaison can provide clients with assessment, referral and counselling support services. They also liaise with other mental health workers in hospital and community.
Liaisons provide invaluable support and services to Fraser Health’s Aboriginal patients, clients and family members. Liaisons connect patients to community services and they assist and educate health professionals in caring for Aboriginal clients. Their role is to also help patients to understand and navigate the health care system.
|Maple Ridge/Coquitlam area||604-652-4610|
|Chilliwack||604-702-4860 extension: 614894|
Urgent mental health support
If you have an urgent matter you need support with, contact KUU-US Crisis Response Services Line.
- Culturally sensitive help
- Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- First Nations helping First Nations
First Nations helping First Nations
A place where you can talk, trust, and feel safe.
- Fraser Region Aboriginal Friendship Centre Association
Dedicated to the preservation of Aboriginal culture, languages and traditions through social, employment, educational and early years programs for Aboriginal people of all ages.
- Network for Aboriginal Mental Health Research
This database describes existing mental health promotion, prevention and intervention programs and models for Aboriginal people in Canada.
- National Association of Friendship Centres
Network of 118 Friendship Centres and seven Provincial and Territorial Associations (PTAs) from coast-to-coast-to-coast.
- Health Canada: First Nations, Inuit and Aboriginal health, mental health and wellness
Factors influencing mental health, services, resources and links.
- Honouring Life Network: Aboriginal youth suicide resources
Your source for Aboriginal youth suicide prevention resources.
- Á:ylexw tel Th’á:lá - Calling of the Heart
A short film about the overdose crisis in Chilliwack.