This service is for people who are self-isolating at home because they have signs of illness that could be or is confirmed to be COVID-19.

  • What is the home health remote monitoring service?

    This service is for people who are isolating at home (self-isolating is staying at home) because they have signs of illness that could be or is confirmed to be COVID-19.

    This service allows us to monitor a person’s health remotely by phone and using technology. We call this our Home Health Remote Monitoring service. It allows us to support people to care for themselves and keep track of their recovery.

    Our Home Health Remote Monitoring Service for COVID-19 is free of charge.

    This is not an emergency service. If you need urgent help, call 9-1-1.

  • Why take part in this service?

    The Home Health Remote Monitoring service supports your recovery as you care for yourself at home. It allows you to have easy access to a health professional when you have questions or concerns.

    You can choose to take part and stop the service at any time.

  • How is my health monitored?

    There are two ways we can monitor your health remotely, depending on your access to technology.

    1. If you have a computer, smart phone, or tablet, you use an online program called myMobile.
    2. If you don’t have a computer, smart phone or tablet, you can use a telephone.

    Each day you answer a set of questions about your health either using myMobile and/or through a telephone call from a monitoring clinician.

  • What does a monitoring clinician do?

    This is a registered nurse or respiratory therapist from Public Health, Home Health or Community Respiratory Services.

    The clinician monitors your health by calling you regularly, asking you about your health, answering your questions and tracking your recovery.

    If you agree, the clinician might contact your doctor, other health professionals or health services involved in your care to update them on your recovery.

  • How do I use myMobile?

    myMobile is a TELUS Health web application or program that you log into through your web browser or internet.

    To get instructions for how to set up your access, a monitoring clinician emails you a link to myMobile and instructions for setting up and getting started, as well as who to contact if you have any technical issues using myMobile.

    Each day, you sign in to myMobile and answer a set of questions about your health.

  • How am I monitored by phone?

    If you are not using myMobile, then a monitoring clinician calls you every day and asks you a set of questions about your health.

  • Do I need any special equipment?

    It helps if you have a thermometer, a personal blood pressure monitor and/or finger pulse oximeter (shows the oxygen level in your blood). You do not need to have any of these to take part. If you have any of them, the monitoring clinician will ask you to use them and report the results.

  • What if I have concerns about my health? 

    The clinician gives you their Fraser Health email address and the phone number for the local Home Health office.

    If you have any questions or concerns that are not urgent (non-urgent), you can either:

    • Email the monitoring clinician who will respond between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., or
    • Call the local Home Health office between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.

    If you have non-urgent questions after hours, call HealthLinkBC at 8-1-1 to speak to a registered nurse. HealthLinkBC is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Available in 130 languages. For an interpreter, say your language in English. Wait until an interpreter comes on the phone.

    If your concern is urgent or you have a medical emergency, call 9-1-1.

  • How long would I be remotely monitored? 

    We monitor your health for as long as you are self-isolating. Once your self-isolation period is over, a monitoring clinician checks in with you before ending your Home Health Remote Monitoring service for COVID-19. You would then connect with your family doctor or nurse practitioner for ongoing health care.

  • How do I get this service?

    A doctor or nurse practitioner in a clinic or hospital can refer you to this service. 

    You can also request this service at a COVID-19 testing centre or from a Public Health nurse.

    Please use this referral form if you are a clinician outside of Fraser Health.