Level one maternal care services provided to admitted expectant mothers managing low risk birth and include labour, obstetrics and delivery.
View the Peace Arch Hospital maternity tour online.
- Peace Arch Hospital Maternity - English
- Peace Arch Hospital Maternity -Punjabi
- Peace Arch Hospital Maternity -Mandarin
Checklists and resources to prepare for your hospital stay
At about 14 weeks, register online with our Best Beginnings public health program.
- Go to the Admitting.
- After-hours and weekends, go to Emergency Admitting.
- A nurse will assess your labour, listen to your baby, check your vital signs and do a vaginal exam. After the assessment, it may be determined for you to return home for awhile or stay in the hospital.
- Private rooms and one double room on the unit.
- You and your baby will stay in the same room you had your baby in until you are discharged home.
- Matching ID bracelets are given to both mom and baby at the time of delivery. Some hospitals have a bracelet security system that will alarm if babies leave the maternity unit.
- Never leave your baby unattended. Accompany your baby for any procedures or tests required outside of your room (such as x-rays).
- It is okay to ask for hospital ID from any health care personnel caring for your baby.
- It is okay to ask health care staff and visitors to clean their hands.
Length of stay
Your hospital stay depends on your health and your baby’s health.
- Vaginal birth: 24-48 hours
- C-section birth: 48-72 hours
- Know how to use your car seat before coming to the hospital. Your partner or family should bring the infant car seat to the unit when you are ready for discharge. Find car seat safety tips.
- Visit your doctor or midwife within 7 days after you return home.
- A public health nurse will follow-up with a call within 24-48 hours after discharge. Write down your questions or concerns so you can remember to ask them when they call. Learn more about the first days at home.
From the main hospital entrance doors, walk towards and around the Information Desk to the elevators. Take the elevators to the third floor and turn right. The maternity unit is located on the left hand side.
Parking and Transportation
Onsite parking available:
|Parking Rate||Main||Berkley||Lobby / Emergency|
|Each additional hour||n/a||n/a||$3|
|Day rate (6 - 6)||$10.25||$10.25||$10.25|
|Evening / Weekends||$5.25||n/||$5.25|
|24 hour rate||$15.25||n/a||$15.25|
|1 week permit||$45||n/a||n/a|
|2 week permit||$65.25||n/a||n/a|
|1 month permit||$130.25||n/a||n/a|
|Seniors 2 week permit||$50.25||n/a||n/a|
|Seniors 1 month permit||$100.25||n/a||n/a|
Hours of operation
Open visiting hours
- Partners are encouraged to stay anytime. Bring your own sleeping bag, pillow, towels and meals.
- It is important that mom and baby get enough rest to recover.
- Designate a friend or family member to keep others informed of your progress. This will help reduce the number of calls to the nurses' station.
- Visitors should not come if they have flu-like symptoms, colds or other communicable diseases (ie. chicken pox).
Language (s) Offered
English, with translation services available.