Information for consulting services, construction and renovation projects.
Browse bid opportunities
For contractors and consultants
Requests for proposal and tender documents outline the objective, specifications, contacts, closing time, bid instructions and scoring criteria.
Pre-qualification process for suppliers, contractors and consultants
The pre-qualification process allows us to gauge qualifications, review experience and check references to ensure that contractors and professionals are aware of the special requirements and standards that apply to many health care projects. Current pre-qualification lists are refreshed on an annual basis. Please monitor BC Bid and Bonfire for all pre-qualification opportunities.
List of pre-qualified suppliers and consultants
- Asset management consultants
- Clinical health service planning consultants
- Duct cleaning contractors
- Electrical contractors
- Elevator contractors
- Flood restoration contractors
- Flooring contractors
- Functional programming and master programming consultant
- General contractors and construction management companies
- Hazardous materials abatement contractors
- HVAC refrigeration contractors (Excluding non-HVAC refrigeration equipment)
- Insulation contractors
- Lighting contractors
- Mechanical contractors
- Painting contractors
- Project managers
- Roofing contractors
Depending on the value, projects are awarded directly to the consultant/contractor or through our bidding process.
- $0 - $25,000: Direct award to a non-prequalified consultant
- $0 - $50,000: Direct award to a pre-qualified consultant
- $25,000 - $75,000: Invite a minimum of three non-prequalified consultants to quote
- $50,000 - $75,000: Invite a minimum of three pre-qualified consultants to quote
- Over $75,000: Formal bidding process posted on BC Bid Portal
- $0 - $25,000: Direct award to a non-prequalified contractor
- $0 - $50,000: Direct award to a pre-qualified contractor
- $25,000 - $200,000: Invite a minimum of three non-prequalified contractors to quote
- $50,000 - $200,000: Invite a minimum of three pre-qualified contractors to quote
- Over $200,000: Formal bidding process posted on BC Bid Portal
* Values and posting procedures are set to meet requirements of the Canadian Free Trade Agreement and the New West Trade Partnership Trade Agreement.
Policies, standards and terms and conditions
Please review our standards and policies to ensure requirements are met.
- Drawing Standards and Requirements
Guidelines for producing and delivering CAD drawings.
- Privacy Protection Schedule
Policy on the collection and use of personal information.
- Facilities Management Procurement Purchase Order Terms and Conditions
- Communication Infrastructure Standards and Specifications
- Criminal Records Check Policy
- Construction Waste Reporting Requirements for Contractors
- Construction and Demolition Waste Calculator