Meet our board, senior executive team and executive directors.
The Government of British Columbia, through the Ministry of Health, sets goals, standards and performance agreements for the delivery of health services in B.C.
Board of directors
Our board of directors provides the governance and vision for Fraser Health. It works with the senior executive team to establish overall direction, review long-term plans and ensure appropriate community consultation.
Who appoints the board?
How does the board operate?
Can I attend board meetings?
Our Board of Directors holds meetings for the public that include formal and informal discussions with the community. These meetings are open to any member of the public.
When are the public meetings held?
Public board meetings are usually held three times a year in the fall, winter and spring, in various locations throughout the area we serve. All meetings will be listed in advance here and on our events calendar.
Our next upcoming meeting is on October 3, 2018 from 7-9 p.m. in Langley. Click here for details.
Are the agendas and presentations available?
If you're unable to attend a meeting in person, you can view our latest board meeting presentations:
June 13, 2018 - Tri-Cities
April 11, 2018 - Chilliwack
February 7, 2018 - South Surrey and White Rock
October 18, 2017 - Maple Ridge/Pitt Meadows
June 14, 2017 - New Westminster
February 15, 2017 - Mission
Can I make a presentation to the board?
Our Public Board Meeting provides a forum for members of the public to make presentations to our board of directors. All presentations must be arranged in advance. Please review the following guidelines prior to making an application.
Due to time, presentations are limited and carefully selected to ensure that:
- A cross-section of people have the opportunity to come forward.
- The board hears about key areas of the organization to help them better understand the activities taking place.
Persons or groups wishing to make a presentation to the board must submit their request in writing to the executive assistant to the board indicating the name of the presenter, the group/delegation they represent, the topic of the presentation and a summary of the presentation at least 14 days in advance of the meeting.
- Public meetings must be for the purpose of receiving community presentations concerning health status, health service and health needs of the population.
- Presentations must be for the information and consideration of the board. Presenters should not be anticipating approval for any item in their presentation.
- The written request should include the general nature and viewpoint of the presentation.
- Groups/organizations must identify one individual as a spokesperson.
- Presentations will be limited to 10 minutes.
Questions to consider prior to making your submission
- Does this presentation contain material of relevance to the governing body of Fraser Health?
- Is the board the most appropriate audience for your presentation?
- What are the key ideas or messages you want to deliver to the board?
Submit your request
Presentations will not be accepted without prior arrangement. Written requests for presentations to the Fraser Health Board of Directors must be submitted by fax at 604-587-4666 or by mail to:
Executive Assistant to the Board
Fraser Health Corporate Office
400, 13450 102 Avenue
Surrey, BC V3T 0H1
Senior executive team
Our senior executive team, composed of the president and CEO along with the vice presidents, is responsible for putting the board's policies and directions into action through the management and staff of Fraser Health.
Our executive directors provide leadership at our hospitals, communities and programs. They work to improve the care for our patients, ensuring they are looked after in the right setting that best suits their needs. This ranges from our hospitals to our strengthened community programs.