Safe living environment for youth with substance use concerns.
There are two substance use, bed based treatment programs for youth: Youth Door and Traverse. These programs provide safe living environments, free of alcohol and other drugs, for youth pursuing recovery.
- 24-hour bed based services and support for youth experiencing substance-related harm
- Group and one-to-one counselling
- Family counselling
- Recreation services
- Support for transition back to community
Youth only, 13-18 years of age.
Referrals are to be completed by a Fraser Health Mental Health and Substance Use clinician, Fraser Health Contracted Substance Use counsellor or a Child and Youth Mental Health Clinician through Ministry of Children and Family Development in collaboration with the client.
- Referrals are to be typed and faxed to the Youth Intake Specialist at 604-519-8538.
- Once a referral is received, it is reviewed by the Youth Intake Specialist for completeness and to ensure clients are being matched to the facility best suited to meet their individual needs. The referral will also be checked to ensure all required paperwork is available.
Forms to complete:
- Substance use bed based treatment and supported living - 18 years and under referral form
- Wellness plan
Helps youth and young adults in B.C. check out how they’re feeling and quickly connect to mental health resources and support. Support includes education, self-care tools, website links, and assistance in connecting to local professional resources.
- Kelty Mental Health
Provincial resource centre that provides mental health and substance use information, resources, and peer support to children, youth and their families from across B.C.
- Here to Help
Mental health and substance use self-help resources and personal stories.
- From Grief to Action
A voice and support network for families and friends affected by substance use.