Who we are and what we do.
Fraser Health is one of five regional health authorities in B.C. working together with the Ministry of Health. We are responsible for the delivery of hospital and community-based health services to over 1.8 million people in 20 diverse communities from Burnaby to Fraser Canyon on the traditional territories of the Coast Salish peoples.
Our communities include a diverse multicultural population and approximately 62,000 Indigenous Peoples, associated with 32 First Nation communities and 5 Métis chartered communities. (2016 census data)
Over 29,000 employees, 3,000 physicians and more than 6,000 volunteers provide our services and support our patients, residents and clients.
A variety of general practitioners and specialists provide high-quality care and service to patients and their families across our region, including in our hospitals, long-term care homes and other community locations. Physicians are valuable partners in health care. All practitioners are required to be licensed by the College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia and are represented collectively by Doctors of BC.
Medical staff include all physicians, nurse practitioners, dentists and midwives. Each practice group is governed by their own licensing regulatory body.
Explore career options
With twelve hospitals and various community programs we offer endless opportunities.
Better health. Best in health care.
To improve the health of the population and the quality of life of the people we serve.
Respect, caring and trust characterize our relationships.
We see an average of:
- 244 surgeries are performed every day
- 15,680 babies are born in our hospitals every year
- 15,244 naloxone kits distributed in a year
- 1,936 visits our Emergency Departments every 24 hours
- 594 seniors are supported through the Home First program each year
- 531 mental health and substance use clients are being supported in their own communities through our mobile Assertive Community Treatment teams
- 283 active research studies fostered a culture of curiosity
- 400,000 hours of service are given by volunteers each year
- 10,878 people are cared for in long term care each year
To download our corporate brochure, click here.