Leadership and governance
The Advance program is a collaborative partnership across Fraser Health’s regional programs, networks, site leadership, health informatics and information technology, facilities, and other strategic partners across lower mainland consolidated services, Provincial Health Services Authority, and the Ministry of Health.
The program leadership team provides strategic guidance and oversight to ensure the success of the program and the achievement of the benefits associated with a clinical information system implementation.
Advance governance structure
The Advance program's governance model is in place to ensure program accountability, effective decision-making, transparency, and proactive risk management. The following guiding principles provide a framework for the governance to ensure appropriate accountabilities for all those involved:
- Ensure we are working on the right things.
- Decisions are made by the right stakeholders and governing bodies.
- Decisions are made at the appropriate level of authority.
- Communication is occurring via the right channel.
Executive program sponsors
The executive sponsors are members of Fraser Health’s senior leadership team under the chief executive officer. They represent the partnership across medicine, clinical programs, operations informatics, technology, and facilities.
The executive sponsors are:
- Jennifer MacGregor, Vice President, Digital Patient and Provider Experience
- Dr. Ralph Belle, Vice President, Medicine
- Laurie Leith, Vice President, Regional Hospitals and Health Services
The program sponsors represent the strong partnership across medicine, clinical programs, operations, informatics, technology, and facilities to support the solution delivery and program activities.
The program sponsors are:
- Dr. Amyeen Hassanali, Chief Medical Information Officer
- Terri Baker, Chief Clinical Information Officer
- Julie Fraser, Executive Director, Patient Experience, and Chief Nursing and Allied Health Officer
- Ricki-Lee Prestley, Executive Director, Clinical Informatics Services
Clinical leadership decision committee
The Advance Program team collaborates with subject matter experts on the clinical leadership decision committee (CLDC), who help ensure that Advance is designed, implemented for, and adopted by medical staff, nursing staff, and allied health professionals. It consists of clinical and medical leaders from the sites, programs, networks, and services. Together these leaders make decisions that are in the best interest of the program and Fraser Health.