Elim Village is a community situated on 20 beautifully landscaped acres in the Fleetwood area of Surrey.
The Care Model at Elim Village extends from independent housing through residential care and is founded on the concept of Christian Community which recognizes our interdependence and the strength that is found within community that allows us to celebrate life’s joys and meet life’s challenges.
- 53 publicly subsidized units
- Each suite has easy-to-navigate hallways and washrooms ideal for wheelchairs or walkers. Bathrooms have grab-bars, textured laminate floors to prevent slippage, showers with seating and raised toilets.
- Each suite includes European-style refrigerators, oven range and a washer/dryer.
- Residents provide their own furnishings.
- Lunch and dinner served daily. Two nutritious snacks are available in the morning and afternoon in the lower fireside lounge. Five-week rotating menus with various special dinners throughout the year.
- One half-hour of housekeeping including changing of bed linens and towels.
- A full-time recreation coordinator and team provide many social, recreational and wellness programs at the Elim, including bi-weekly outings in the Elim 18 passenger bus.
- No pets
- No smoking
- Guest suite available for $85 (tax included) per night.
- Nearby to library, recreation centre and pool.
- Emerald Assisted Living is part of a larger community within Elim Village. On-site amenities include a coffee shop, wellness centre, theatre / gathering hall and numerous activity rooms.
Assisted living cannot accommodate residents who are unable to make decisions on their own behalf or who require 24 hour professional care.
You may be eligible if you:
- are currently a Home Health client but are finding that these services are no longer meeting your care needs
- meet the general eligibility requirements for Home Health services
- are living at risk in your current home
- are able to communicate and be understood by others
- do not behave in ways that put the safety of others at risk
- are able to take direction in an emergency
- are able to use an emergency response system
If couples wish to move into an assisted living residence, only one member needs to meet the eligibility requirements for both to move in together.
You access this service through your Home Health Office, not through the residence. Contact the Home Health Service Line at 1-855-412-2121 to request an assessment.
- Residents pay 70% of their after-tax income (up to a maximum rate) which covers rent, hospitality services and personal care.
- Couple pay 70% of their combined after-tax income.
- Residents receiving provincial disability benefits pay a pre-determined, set rate.