Assisted living provides personal care and hospitality services in a private apartment unit.
You maintain a great deal of independence and privacy, while being supported with services such as:
- personal care
- medication administration
- flat linen laundry
- social and recreational activities
Assisted living fits in between home health services provided in your own home and facility-based complex care.
Subsidized assisted living, available through Fraser Health, is intended to be affordable for all individuals, regardless of income.
>> Learn more about assisted living.
Funded or operated by outside party.
You may be eligible if you:
- are currently a Home Health client but are finding that these services are no longer meeting your care needs
- meet the general eligibility requirements for Home Health services
- are living at risk in your current home
- are able to communicate and be understood by others
- do not behave in ways that put the safety of others at risk
- are able to take direction in an emergency
- are able to use an emergency response system
If couples wish to move into an assisted living residence, only one member needs to meet the eligibility requirements for both to move in together.
You access this service through your Home Health Office, not through the residence. Contact the Home Health Service Line at 1-855-412-2121 (open 7 days a week, 8:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.) to request an assessment.
- Residents pay 70% of their after-tax income (up to a maximum rate) which covers rent, hospitality services and personal care.
- Couple pay 70% of their combined after-tax income.
- Residents receiving provincial disability benefits pay a pre-determined, set rate.