The Gateway is a four-storey bright, open and welcoming apartment-style building.
Gateway provides a range of hospitality services at additional cost (eg. companion services, personal laundry, additional housekeeping).
- 60 publicly subsidized units (48 one-bedroom and 12 studio suites).
- Each suite has ample storage space and a large private balcony and includes a fridge and stove. Studio suites have a fridge and galley kitchen area. Both have ample storage and counter space for small appliances. Residents provide their own furnishing, supplies and décor touches.
- A full service kitchen provides three meals and afternoon refreshments daily. Two seating times are available for lunch and dinner and entree options are offered with each meal. Seasonal menus are reviewed by a dietician.
- Laundering of flat linens (sheets and towels) and light housekeeping are provided weekly. Each resident is responsible for personal laundry. Coin laundry facilities are located on each floor. Personal laundry is provided as an added service.
- The main floor houses central and private dining rooms, a library, fireside lounge, hobby room, multi-purpose room, hair salon and secure indoor electric scooter parking. Each floor has activity rooms and coin-operated laundry services.
- An activity coordinator organizes daily socials, exercises, hobbies, outings, special occasions and recreational activities. We schedule local entertainers monthly and many community volunteers provide a variety of enjoyment.
- Automatic doors, two elevators, scooter parking. Ample space for mobility aids including manual or electric wheelchairs in all areas. Electric wheelchairs designed for indoor use may be permitted with pre-approval and with continued monitoring by management.
- We cannot accommodate pets; however, well-behaved and supervised pets are welcome to visit. We are a BC Pets and Friends supporter and visiting site.
- The Gateway is a non-smoking building. Smoking is not permitted on resident balconies. Smoking is permitted in designated outdoor areas.
- Overnight visitors of residents are welcome to a maximum stay of 14 days per year. Visitors are entitled to stay only when resident is also present
- The Gateway has many nearby amenities including shopping, banking, SkyTrain and restaurants. Neighbourhood services such as library, pharmacy and grocery delivery services, as well as regular community health and wellness visits.
Assisted living cannot accommodate residents who are unable to make decisions on their own behalf or who require 24 hour professional care.
You may be eligible if you:
- are currently a Home Health client but are finding that these services are no longer meeting your care needs
- meet the general eligibility requirements for Home Health services
- are living at risk in your current home
- are able to communicate and be understood by others
- do not behave in ways that put the safety of others at risk
- are able to take direction in an emergency
- are able to use an emergency response system
If couples wish to move into an assisted living residence, only one member needs to meet the eligibility requirements for both to move in together.
You access this service through your Home Health Office, not through the residence. Contact the Home Health Service Line at 1-855-412-2121 to request an assessment.
- Residents pay 70% of their after-tax income (up to a maximum rate) which covers rent, hospitality services and personal care.
- Couple pay 70% of their combined after-tax income.
- Residents receiving provincial disability benefits pay a pre-determined, set rate.