The Stó:lô Elders Lodge is a single storey building with 15 assisted living suites for seniors and persons with disabilities.
The building is designed to showcase the unique First Nation heritage and culture and is based upon a traditional single-slope longhouse concept. Owned and operated by Stó:lô Nation Health Services. Offers hospitality and personal assistance services to seniors and adults with disabilities.
- 15 publicly subsidized one-bedroom suites with outdoor access
- Each suite includes a refrigerator, cooking range and microwave. Residents bring their own bedroom and living room furnishings as well as decorations to make it their home.
- Lunch and dinner served daily; snacks are available throughout the day. There is a rotating menu which is reviewed by a dietitian
- Weekly light housekeeping and flat linen service. Personal laundry is available on a per load basis.
- Varied social and recreational activities are planned according to residents' needs.
- Parking for motorized scooters is available. Residents must be able to move around in their own apartment with or without the use of mobility aids. Motorized scooters are not permitted inside the building.
- No pets.
- No smoking is permitted inside suites or the building. A designated outdoor smoking area is available.
- Walking distance to Cottonwood Mall, Luckakuck Mall, food services and grocery stores.
Assisted living cannot accommodate residents who are unable to make decisions on their own behalf or who require 24 hour professional care.
Parking and Transportation
Ample parking on site.
You may be eligible if you:
- are currently a Home Health client but are finding that these services are no longer meeting your care needs
- meet the general eligibility requirements for Home Health services
- are living at risk in your current home
- are able to communicate and be understood by others
- do not behave in ways that put the safety of others at risk
- are able to take direction in an emergency
- are able to use an emergency response system
If couples wish to move into an assisted living residence, only one member needs to meet the eligibility requirements for both to move in together.
You access this service through your Home Health Office, not through the residence. Contact the Home Health Service Line at 1-855-412-2121 to request an assessment.
- Residents pay 70% of their after-tax income (up to a maximum rate) which covers rent, hospitality services and personal care.
- Couple pay 70% of their combined after-tax income.
- Residents receiving provincial disability benefits pay a pre-determined, set rate.