Nikkei Home is a four-storey modern apartment building.
Nikkei Home offers hospitality and personal assistance services to seniors 55 years of age and older.
- 59 publicly subsidized units (56 one-bedroom, 3 studio units)
- All units include full kitchen, in-suite washer and dryer and in-suite storage. Residents provide their own furnishings.
- We serve breakfast and supper daily (Japanese or western), and Japanese lunch (extra). Weekly light housekeeping and laundering of flat linen and towels are included. Hair salon on site.
- Japanese and English are spoken. Staff and volunteers speak other languages. Christian and Buddhist services are held. Japanese festivals are celebrated. Other Japanese traditions are observed.
- Breakfast & Dinner (Japanese or Western) are prepared and served by HiGenki Restaurant; also optional Japanese lunch.
- ½ hour of housekeeping per week and laundry of linens and towels are included. Personal laundry service and additional housekeeping may be purchased.
- Our activities/volunteer co-ordinator provides daily exercise activities, Osteofit and a walking club as well as various leisure activities such as bingo, arts, crafts, gardening, outings, birthday celebrations, special occasion entertainers, and field trips.
- Motorized scooters are acceptable. Parking with plug-in is available.
- We cannot accommodate pets. Visiting pets are welcome.
- This is a non-smoking residence.
- Visitors may stay overnight in the tenant’s suite for a limited time.
- High Gate Mall and Edmonds Community Centre are close by. The Nikkei National Museum and Cultural Centre is next door. Walking distance to various restaurants. Close to public transit.
Parking and Transportation
Gated resident parking is available at additional cost. Underground visitors’ parking is available. Public transit nearby.
You may be eligible if you:
- are currently a Home Health client but are finding that these services are no longer meeting your care needs
- meet the general eligibility requirements for Home Health services
- are living at risk in your current home
- are able to communicate and be understood by others
- do not behave in ways that put the safety of others at risk
- are able to take direction in an emergency
- are able to use an emergency response system
If couples wish to move into an assisted living residence, only one member needs to meet the eligibility requirements for both to move in together.
You access this service through your Home Health Office, not through the residence. Contact the Home Health Service Line at 1-855-412-2121 to request an assessment.
- Residents pay 70% of their after-tax income (up to a maximum rate) which covers rent, hospitality services and personal care.
- Couple pay 70% of their combined after-tax income.
- Residents receiving provincial disability benefits pay a pre-determined, set rate.