Hawthorne Seniors Care Community manages 70 assisted living units in a six-storey tower.
A central dining room, country kitchen/lounge, and laundry facilities are located on each floor. Owned and operated by Port Coquitlam Citizens’ Housing Society.
Building amenities include a central dining room, an exercise and wellness centre, an activity centre, a media theatre, a library and computer area, a hair dressing salon, as well as a general store. For those who enjoy the outdoors, there are lovely patios and gardens. Two fully accessible buses are available for group outings.
- 70 subsidized assisted living studio suites
- All suites include a small fridge, clothing wardrobe and window blinds. Residents provide their own furnishings.
- We serve two meals a day in a central dining room: a continental breakfast is available each morning in the lounge on each floor. Meal plans are rotated monthly and are reviewed by a dietician twice yearly.
- Weekly scheduled housekeeping and laundry (sheets and towels) is provided. Personal laundry is the responsibility of the resident. Complimentary washers and dryers are located on each floor.
- The residence has an HVAC system for both heating and air conditioning.
- The residence is a fully accessible building, with user-friendly features such as: wide halls and doorways, handrails and grab bars, entrances without steps, elevators and step in showers. Residents must be able to move around in their suites with or without the use of mobility aids. Electric wheelchairs designed for indoor use may be permitted with pre-approval of the Program Director.
- A limited number of motorized scooters are accepted. Each scooter must meet policy criteria.
- We cannot accommodate pets.
- We are a non–smoking residence. There is a designated outside smoking area.
- The residence is located close to downtown Port Coquitlam, public transportation, the Terry Fox library, Wilson Seniors Centre, numerous shops and restaurants, local parks, a bowling alley and local churches.
Assisted living cannot house residents who are unable to make decisions on their own behalf, or when a resident's needs exceed the service delivery capacity of the residence.
Parking and Transportation
General and handicapped parking is available in the parking lot. There is also parking available on the street.
You may be eligible if you:
- are currently a Home Health client but are finding that these services are no longer meeting your care needs
- meet the general eligibility requirements for Home Health services
- are living at risk in your current home
- are able to communicate and be understood by others
- do not behave in ways that put the safety of others at risk
- are able to take direction in an emergency
- are able to use an emergency response system
If couples wish to move into an assisted living residence, only one member needs to meet the eligibility requirements for both to move in together.
You access this service through your Home Health Office, not through the residence. Contact the Home Health Service Line at 1-855-412-2121 to request an assessment.
- Residents pay 70% of their after-tax income (up to a maximum rate) which covers rent, hospitality services and personal care.
- Couple pay 70% of their combined after-tax income.
- Residents receiving provincial disability benefits pay a pre-determined, set rate.