Supports to improve your functional and physical abilities.
Home Health’s physical and occupational therapists provide rehabilitation therapy to help you restore, improve and maintain your physical capabilities.
We ensure your home is set up in ways that enable you to carry on with daily home tasks easily and safely.
Rehabilitation therapy is available for:
- People recovering from an injury or an operation
- Adults at risk of having a fall that may result in an injury
- People dealing with the debilitating effects of a stroke
What types of programs and services are offered?
- Therapists work closely with you to help:
- Improve muscle strength, balance and coordination
- Learn to use mobility devices such as walkers and crutches Improve and maximize your ability to function independently at home
- Make the home more accessible and safer
- Acquire or use aids to personal care (bath seats, grab bars, scooters, wheelchairs and lifts)
Together in Movement and Exercise Classes
Specialized exercise classes are available at your community recreation centres to help restore your physical capabilities and mobility. TIME (Together in Movement and Exercise) program is designed for adults living with stroke, acquired brain injury, multiple sclerosis or other neurological issues. Learn more about TIME and how to access this program.
For more information or to request service, call the Home Health Service Line. Ask for a care needs assessment by a case manager. Referrals are accepted from the client, family members, hospital, a family physician, friend or neighbour, community groups or government agencies.
Some services are provided free of charge while others include a cost based on your after tax income. Learn more about costs associated with our Home Health services.
Primarily English. Translation services can be made available if sufficient notice is given. It is suggested the client arrange to have an interpreter present if understanding English is difficult.
A guide to your care
The guide includes general information about services available to help British Columbians live as independently as possible and information about end-of-life care. It also provides useful information for family and friends.
Red Cross health equipment loan programs
Provides health equipment to individuals dealing with illness or injury.
B.C. Ministry of Health: community rehabilitation
The main goals of rehabilitation therapy are to help improve or maintain physical and functional abilities and to provide assessment and treatment to ensure a client’s home is suitably arranged for their needs and safety.