Provides a 24 bed, tertiary acute care program for people over 65 years of age with serious mental illness or age related psychiatric disorders and currently poses a risk to themselves or others.
Individuals are treated with the goal of stabilizing their current mental status.
- Psychiatric nursing in geriatric medicine
- Occupational therapy related to functional issues such as swallowing, daily living, cognition and safety risks
- Dietary consultation to address specific psychiatric and medical needs
- Laboratory analysis and imaging
- Individuals over 65 years old, or with an age related illness.
- Patients must have a documented history of failure to be managed in secondary and primary mental health community services.
- A repatriation agreement for tertiary acute and rehabilitation services must be completed prior to admission.
- Individuals not eligible for this service are those whom in the past three months, were suitable for treatment in a psychiatric program at the secondary service level, or those acutely, medically, or surgically ill who would normally be admitted through emergency into an intensive care unit.
All referrals will be processed through the mental health and addiction tertiary centralized intake system. The Fraser Health Community Access serves as the central intake for referrals.
Please call the access coordinator at 604-519-8500 to discuss a referral. When making a referral please ensure all fields are complete and all relevant documentation is attached as incomplete referrals will not be processed.
Referrals can be faxed to 604-519-8550.
English, Tagalog, Punjabi. Translator will be brought in on an as needed basis.