Give feedback, advice and recommendations on mental health and substance use services and policies.
As a member of a community advisory you can provide community mental health centres with:
- Information, advice, recommendations and feedback related to mental health services and policies affecting the lives of individuals with lived experience and their families
- Feedback about issues and needs of individuals with lived experience and families
- Feedback about gaps in service
Advisories also provide:
- A forum to communicate and discuss current issues
- Public education, community acceptance and understanding of persons living with psychiatric disabilities and mental health issues
There are different committees that meet to discuss how services can be developed, improved or changed. People living with mental illness and supporters can participate. Often participants give feedback on programs that they or their loved one have experienced.
- We encourage and support stakeholder engagement.
- We support persons with lived mental health or substance use experiences, family members and other loved ones to participate in steering committees and task groups.
- We support persons with lived mental health or substance use experiences, family members and other loved ones to attend and participate in local and regional Mental Health Advisory Committees.
For more information on stakeholder engagement and how to get involved, call 604-520-0911 ext. 528625.