Learn more about advance care planning, including introductions for professional and client-based audiences, as well as online education modules, in-person classroom sessions, video and articles.
Article of interest
- READ: Beyond the booklet
A home health nurse shares her strategy for talking about advance care planning with clients
- READ: Doctors need to avoid the "to do or not to do" approach to end-of-life care
A hospice palliative care consultant teaches clinicians to take an informed recommendation approach versus a "to do or not to do" approach to end-of-life care discussions.
- READ: Starting the conversation
A respiratory therapist talks about turning a diagnosis discussion into a dialogue about preserving what's most important in life.
Introduction to advance care planning education for health care professionals
Scenarios and examples of where to focus your discussion with clients.pdf301.59 KBUpdated 13/08/2018
Presentation which provides an overview of advance care planning information for health care professionals.pdf2.43 MBUpdated 13/08/2018
Five steps to guide you through making your plan
This video is also available in other languages:
Don't take chances
How to talk end-of-life care with a dying patient - Atul Gawande
- Failure to engage hospitalized elderly patients and their families in advance care planning
A prospective study published in Jama Intern Med
- Planning for care at the end of life: our collective responsibility
- OPINION: How do you want to live your life at the end?