Learn more about advance care planning, including introductions for professional and client-based audiences, as well as online education modules, in-person classroom sessions, video and articles.
Article of interest
- READ: Beyond the booklet
A home health nurse shares her strategy for talking about advance care planning with clients
- READ: Doctors need to avoid the "to do or not to do" approach to end-of-life care
A hospice palliative care consultant teaches clinicians to take an informed recommendation approach versus a "to do or not to do" approach to end-of-life care discussions.
- READ: Starting the conversation
A respiratory therapist talks about turning a diagnosis discussion into a dialogue about preserving what's most important in life.
Introduction to advance care planning education for health care professionals
A guide for health care providers to learn about consent for health care by the Ministry of Health5.81 MBUpdated 03/12/2019
Five steps to guide you through making your plan
This video is also available in other languages:
Don't take chances
How to talk end-of-life care with a dying patient - Atul Gawande
- Failure to engage hospitalized elderly patients and their families in advance care planning
A prospective study published in Jama Intern Med
- Planning for care at the end of life: our collective responsibility
- OPINION: How do you want to live your life at the end?