Working together to keep students, teachers and our communities safe.
We support public and independent schools in managing COVID-19 and other communicable diseases. Recommendations for individuals and school settings are outlined in provincial Public Health Communicable Disease Guidance for K-12 Schools.
COVID-19, like most communicable diseases experienced by students and staff within school settings, can be self-managed through routine preventive measures:
- Get vaccinated. Anyone aged six months and older is eligible for a COVID-19 vaccine. Ensure your child is registered with the Get Vaccinated system to receive invitations to book their first and additional doses.
- Do daily health checks and stay home if you feel unwell or have symptoms of COVID-19.
- Wash your hands with soap and water often, and use alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water is not available.
- Consider wearing a mask in indoor spaces.
- Guidance for K-12 schools
- Guidance for post-secondary settings
- COVID-19 immunizations for children and youth