A series of animated videos addressing mental health issues commonly experienced by students of all ages.
The Surrey School District in partnership with Fraser Health has developed a series of mental health videos.
Each of the videos are available in two versions – one for elementary students and one for upper-intermediate and secondary students, with age-appropriate language and content. In addition to English, all of the videos are also available in French, Punjabi, Arabic and Mandarin on the Surrey Schools website under Students and Families Video Resources.
- Healthy Relationships: This video discusses the importance of building positive relationships with a variety of people in our lives, and describes what healthy friendships and relationships look and feel like.
- Body Image: This video talks about what body image is, what it means to have a healthy or unhealthy image, things that influence the way we feel about ourselves and ways to maintain a positive attitude about our body image.
- You Are Not Alone: This video contains information about the importance of good mental health and how to recognize and manage signs of poor mental health.
- Coping With Stress and Anxiety: This video defines the different types of stress, what might cause them, and how unhealthy stress can contribute to mental health challenges and physical ailments.
- Navigating Life Changes: This video contains information about how big changes in life – like moving, a death or sickness, losing a friendship or parents splitting up – can cause overwhelming feelings that might be difficult to deal with.
- Digital Stress: This video illustrates how technology use can affect our minds and bodies, and reminds us to ensure we find balance so that our device use isn’t taking over our lives, altering our sense of reality, harming our relationships, or impacting our health.
- Healthy vs. Unhealthy Stress: This video defines the different types of stresses – explaining that some kinds of stress are actually ok, while others can have negative impacts on well-being.
- Health and Wellness: This video explains what physical and mental wellness is and how best to takes steps – even small ones – toward achieving it.