A staff member of Dufferin Care Centre was diagnosed with COVID-19. The staff member is in self-isolation at home.
Dufferin Care Centre is a long term care facility located in Coquitlam and is owned by Retirement Concepts.
Enhanced control measures have been put in place at Dufferin Care Centre. Fraser Health is working with the staff at Dufferin Care Centre to identify anyone who may have been exposed and taking steps to protect the health of all staff, residents and families.
To prevent transmission of COVID-19, Fraser Health is ensuring long term care staff currently working at Dufferin Care Centre will not be working at any other facility.
Fraser Health has proactively implemented the following:
- Staffing levels will be maintained to provide resident care.
- Visitors have been limited to only essential visitors.
- Staff and residents movement in the facility has been restricted.
- Cleaning and infection control measures have been enhanced.
- Residents, families and staff are being notified.
- Twice a day screening of all staff and residents.
During this time Fraser Health will have a presence on site to take any further actions required and support the facility. This includes dedicated people to address quality, communications on site to answer staff, residents and family questions, active checks of symptoms in staff and residents.
For more information on COVID-19 and steps being taken to reduce its impact, visit www.fraserhealth.ca/covid19.
For media inquiries, please contact:
Fraser Health Media Number