The Cedars residence is housed in a beautiful three-storey wood frame building with large dining room and lounge/multi-purpose room on the first floor.
Offering hospitality and personal assistance services to seniors and adults with disabilities, The Cascades boasts a beautiful outdoor areas with a walking path around the building. Senior friendly planter boxes for the avid gardener.
- 37 one-bedroom suites and 3 wheelchair accessible suites
- Each suite is equipped with a fridge, stove-top and microwave. Residents bring their own bedroom and living room furnishings as well as decor to make their suite a home.
- Lunch and dinner served daily as well as snacks in the morning and afternoon. Meal plans are rotated every month.
- Weekly housekeeping and flat linens laundry is provided. Laundry machines are located on each floor for personal laundry.
- Recreation activities planned on a daily basis to suite most residents. Special activities may include bus trips and volunteer opportunities (e.g. running the tuck shop).
- Only visiting pets allowed.
- Scooters can be used outside only. Parking spots and plugins are available in the garage for scooters.
- No smoking in the suites or building. A designated smoking area is at the rear of the building.
- One guest suite is available for $40/night.
- Nearby to hospital, doctors office and medical lab.
Assisted living cannot accommodate tenants who are unable to make decisions on their own behalf or who required 24-hour professional care.
Parking and Transportation
Parking is available to tenants at $25/month. There is street parking available for visitors. Nearby to public transit.
You may be eligible if you:
- are currently a Home Health client but are finding that these services are no longer meeting your care needs
- meet the general eligibility requirements for Home Health services
- are living at risk in your current home
- are able to communicate and be understood by others
- do not behave in ways that put the safety of others at risk
- are able to take direction in an emergency
- are able to use an emergency response system
If couples wish to move into an assisted living residence, only one member needs to meet the eligibility requirements for both to move in together.
You access this service through your Home Health Office, not through the residence. Contact the Home Health Service Line at 1-855-412-2121 to request an assessment.
- Residents pay 70% of their after-tax income (up to a maximum rate) which covers rent, hospitality services and personal care.
- Couple pay 70% of their combined after-tax income.
- Residents receiving provincial disability benefits pay a pre-determined, set rate.