Provides counselling support to individuals who are experiencing substance use issues.
Community Substance Use Services provides individual, couple and family substance use counselling for adults 19+ as well as for those impacted by a family member.
We provide free, confidential assessment, counselling, referrals, education and groups to clients and community members over 19 years of age. For more information about community substance use services for youth and young adults (12 – 24 years), visit our community youth substance use services page.
Services include assessment and treatment planning, case management, drop-in sessions, individual and group counselling and education.
We offer services that are:
- Client and family-centered services and embrace the needs, values, beliefs and preferences of clients and their family members.
- Harm reduction inclusive, meaning abstinence or a reduction in substance is not required to receive services.
- Culturally safe and appropriate.
- Trauma and resiliency informed.
Anyone who is concerned about their own or someone else’s substance use.
Adults (19+ years)
For more information about community substance use services for youth and young adults (12 – 24 years), visit our community youth substance use services page.
Contact your local community substance use services clinic. See contact information below.
- Here to Help: You and substance use
Helpful information to think about and ways to make changes.
- Centre for Addiction and Mental Health: Health information
CAMH's website provides straightforward information about the most-searched topics from A-Z, from Addictions to Zoloft. It also provides links to other helpful resources.
- Here to Help: Understanding substance use: a health promotion perspective
How health promotion applies to substance use.