January 06, 2021
Thank you for your ongoing support and partnership as we work together to respond to the immunization needs of our communities.
Influenza vaccine is available
- Fraser Health has received additional influenza vaccine which is available for you to order now.
- We heard from you that you needed more vaccine in your communities in the fall. This is an opportunity to get clients/patients vaccinated that you weren’t able to vaccinate before.
Influenza vaccine remains important for keeping our population healthy
- Flu season typically runs from October to April and people can get vaccinated at any time during the season.
- While influenza activity remains low compared to previous flu seasons, preventing influenza remains important, especially in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Please discuss with your patients/clients the importance of getting the influenza vaccine.
Influsplit® Tetra vaccine
- The new vaccine product received is called Influsplit® Tetra. It can be used for all age groups.
- If you request influenza vaccine, you may receive Influsplit® Tetra depending on the supply available at your local Public Health Unit.
- If you receive Influsplit® Tetra, resources and information on the vaccine will be provided with your order.
Limited supply of Fluad available
- We have received a small amount of Fluad that can be ordered for use with individuals 65 years of age and older.