November 17, 2020
Update on our influenza vaccine supply
- We are pleased to see how many people are getting an influenza shot this year.
- There is high demand for influenza vaccine from community providers across our region.
- To date, public health has received 616,000 doses of influenza vaccine and dispensed over 580,000 doses.
- At this time the orders have exceeded the supply and we are not able to fill additional orders.
- With the remaining vaccine supply, we will focus on distributing vaccines in communities with lower vaccine coverage.
- Health units will contact you when vaccine is available.
Thank you for your efforts and collaborative support this influenza season which is helping to reduce influenza and to keep residents of our region healthy.