New application forms and information sheets have been developed for you to use when applying for an exemption or temporary placement.


You may want to apply for an exemption in order to be legally released from meeting a legislative requirement. Section 16 of the Community Care and Assisted Living Act (CCALA) allows for exemptions from the Act or regulations.

Exemptions can be granted to any provisions of the CCALA and the regulations with the exception of those identified in Schedule A of the Child Care Licensing Regulation (CCLR).

Temporary placements

A licensee or facility manager of a child care program may apply to temporarily place or retain a child under Section 5(2) of the Child Care Licensing Regulation. This regulation provides the ability for your licensing officer to grant permission to temporarily place or retain a child who would not otherwise be eligible for the program due to not meeting the regulatory age requirement. Approvals are child specific and time limited.