In the event of a respiratory illness exposure, the Mental Health and Substance Use (MHSU) toolkit will provide guidance for the management of residents or clients with symptoms of respiratory illness. This toolkit is for all sites regardless of the number of beds.
Community MHSU sites can also refer to the RI exposure document for community based congregate sites for quick guidance tips and links to additional resources.
In the event of a gastrointestinal illness exposure, please note the following:
- For MHSU operated and affiliate sites with 15 or more beds, refer to the gastroenteritis outbreak (GI) protocol.
- Environmental Health Officers (EHO) provide support for GI outbreaks
- For community MHSU sites, refer to the Mental Health and Substance Use toolkit.
- For affiliate sites with less than 15 beds, refer to this toolkit and contact AskIPCCommunity@fraserhealth.ca.
- For private sites, refer to this toolkit and resources and self-manage.